2 ( 8oz) cream cheese softened
1 Tbl lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
2 Tbl ground lavender buds (I use a coffee grinder)
1 box vanilla wafers
1 pkg of 2” foil cupcake liners
- preheat oven to 350
- place 1 cookie in each cupcake liner flat side up
- place all ingredients (except vanilla wafers) in bowl – mixing until well blended
- spoon mixture on top of cookies
- bake 15 minutes
- when cool – top with cherry pie filling
- makes approximately 4 dozen mini cheese cakes
Note: if you can not find 2” cupcake liners you can use mini liners, however, you will need to crush the vanilla wafers with some butter.
2 c sugar
2 c flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped nuts
1 ( 20 oz) can pineapple – do not drain
3 Tbls ground dried lavender buds (grind in coffee grinder or food processor)
- Mix eggs and sugar together.
- Mix flour and soda together then add to egg mixture.
- Add pineapple, vanilla, lavender, and nuts. Beat well.
- Pour into a greased and floured sheet cake pan.
- For a thicker cake, use a 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 350 for 25 to 35 minutes.
3 oz cream cheese softened
3/4 stick oleo softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 ¾ c powered sugar
1 tsp lavender milk (see recipes)
- blend cream cheese and oleo
- add remaining ingredients
- spread icing on cooled cake
Lavender Sugar or powdered sugar
- Use any jar with a tight lid as the sealed container.
- Use at a rate of 1 cup granulated sugar to 1 1/4 c fresh lavender Flowers or 2 Tbls dried buds
- Alternate making layers of sugar and lavender. Place the jar on a back shelf in a cabinet where it is cool and dark for a couple weeks.
- Pour into a sieve to separate the sugar from the lavender.
- Use lavender sugar in place of regular sugar for any dessert recipe (cookies, cakes, ice cream).
- Place lavender sugar in a blender and make into powdered sugar – can be substituted in any recipe.
- You may wish to vary the quantity of lavender depending on taste.
- Too much lavender will present the taste of perfume.
- Infuse Lavender in milk by heating the milk and lavender to a scald stage, then let set to cool.
- Use at a rate of 1 cup milk with 2 Tbls dried lavender buds. Either use a tea ball or strain the lavender from the milk.
- Use in place of part of the liquid for any dessert recipe (cookies, cakes, ice cream, puddings).
Lavender Whipped Cream
- Infuse Lavender in cream by add crushed lavender flowers then refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours
- Use at a rate of 1 cup cream with 2 Tbls lavender flowers. Strain out the lavender.
- Whip the cream with 2 Tbls sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Serve over fruit type desserts.
Lavender stems used as skewers
- Soak lavender stems in water for 5 to 10 minutes. Use the stems as skewers when grilling fish, scallops, shrimp, or any fresh fruit.
- This provides a delicate taste.